Sunday, January 1, 2012

Holy Crap it's 2012!

It's been 2012 for a day and I still am thinking the new year means 2011.  So as everyone talks resolutions/goals, here are mine for the year:
  • Run a marathon: I'm registered.I'm training. I'm worried. It's hard. The long runs are hard and my body is starting to get a little annoyed with me. I'm recovering well but I am finding my biggest challenge to train is my brain and my incredible ability to give myself a hard time. But Cindy told me something I love yesterday. I was having a hard run..hard for some physical issues (which got so bad I couldn't get back to my car and had to call Joe to come pick me up), but also hard mentally becuase it seemed SOOOO long. She hugged me and said "I can say this now that I have done it.  The long runs are really hard. But I promise you, that no matter how hard they are, it is absolutely, completely worth it once you cross that finish line."  That is exactly what I needed to hear. (Myrtle Beach Marathon - February 19)
  • Finish a half ironman: I may be worried about the marathon, but I am downright scared about the half ironman. The course is hilly and it will be hard and hot. I'm afraid of this race, which is why I think I must do it. Or at least try. (Anderson 70.3 - October 14)
  • Read at least 24 books:  Yep.  That's aggressive.
  • Lose 20 pounds: I think this will make so many things easier. That will also put me around my goal weight which would be great.
  • Talk to my parents at least once a week: I figure this will be a bit easier than seeing them in person.
  • Work on friendships and me with some dedicated girls weekends: heading to Key West with Shelia and Columbus with my training pals. I look forward to sharing some fun experiences with people I love.
  • Rededicate myself to TIFL:  I am VP this year. Last year was so time consuming that it actually burnt me out. I hope to be re-energized and help some women find their inner confidence!
  • Continue to work on my marriage by supporting and loving Joe the best way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment