Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Year in Review

Joe just posted a status update saying "May your troubles last longer than your resolutions."  I said I didn't like that since I usually stick to my resolutions.  It helps that I am a planner, and that I have them in writing.  So here is what I said I'd do last year and my update on how I did:

  • 6 mile run in Charleston (http://www.bridgerun.com/) -Did it. Joe did too...but due to knee issues, we walked most of it. But I'm glad I finally experienced this large race but don't know that I will do it again. The highlight was finally meeting FB and childfree list friend Jerry in person.  We've been friends online for years, so it was nice to actually meet him.
  • Half marathon in April (http://www.racefest.com/)  - Sorta did it. I ran the 10K. But I made up for it by running two other half marathons - Roctoberfest and the Thunder Road half.
  • I am doing the swim portion of a relay at the Jetton Tri in May  - Again, sorta. I ended up doing the bike portion of this. It was great fun to be a team with my fitness buddies Cindy and Doreen.
  • 24 Hours of Booty with a goal of 100 miles this year (http://www.24hoursofbooty.com/) - Yep!  This continues to be my favorite event of the year.  Joe, Mike, newcomer Chris and I all hit 100 miles.
  • The Nations Tri, International Distance Tri in DC (http://www.nationstri.com/) - Another sorta. Due to weather conditions, they cancelled the swim portion so we did the bike and the run. I was at first disappointed after training for the swim, but once I saw (and smelled) the Potomac, I felt better about missing it. Joe and I had a great time catching up with friends and competing together.
  • MS Ride to Sunset Beach with Joe - Done!  Had a great time with Joe, Chris and our Sherpa Cara. 
  • Lose 30 pounds -Sorta.  I lost 20. But I am happy with that.
  • Train for a marathon next May of 2012 (flyingpigmarathon.com) Well life gets in the way sometimes so my first marathon will be in February, in Myrtle Beach.
  • Continue to push myself to do the uncomfortable things at work and persevere no matter the changes or challenges -Done.
  • Stop incurring debt and maybe pay some debt down -Done.  Plan in place and moving along nicely.
  • See my parents at least twice a month - This is the one that I failed at. We saw them once a month, but with travel (mostly theirs), visits were not as many as I'd like.
  • Read at least 1 book a month - As long as I can count this as over the course of the year, I did this.  12 books.  Hard to believe I once read 52 in a year.

Overall I am pleased with how I did over the course of the year.  It was a mostly good year...Joe and I continue to have a steady, postive marriage. We still like our jobs and for the most part, consider ourselves very lucky to be surrounded by great friends and family we love. Hopefully 2012 will continue to stay on this happy track!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment