Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August Music...and a rant

Rant first. I have been a satellite radio subscriber since 2004 and have loved it. I have it in my car and stream it all day long at work. I cannot work in silence, so it is literally on all day long. I listen to Alt Nation until 11am and then switch over to BBC Radio One for the rest of the day. At least I used to. As of August 9th, Sirius/XM stopped carrying Radio One.


I have worked in radio for 15 years, and in that time have had a few stations flip formats. We always have people calling talking about how devastated they are not to have their station and I usually laughed at them. Then it happened to me and it was horrible. Really horrible. Yes, I can stream BBC live but there is a 5 hour time difference which Sirius/XM used to adjust. So when I am at work, it is the night time techno stuff. Boo. I really am heartbroken not to be able to hear my favorite DJ Dev at 5am. I miss driving to work listening to Chris Moyles. I am sad. To all those people whose pain I mocked, I apologize. I get it. I am one of you now.


So that being said, August music is a little light since I am trying to find new habits. Due to so many customer complaints, Sirius/XM has brought back BBCR1 online so at least I can continue to stream with a 5 hour delay at work. I guess it's something. I still miss Dev.


Shuffle by Bombay Bicycle Club (this is really great)
Feel So Close by Calvin Harris
Stay Young Go Dancing by Death Cab (it's a happy Death Cab!)
Come Closer by Miles Kane (NOT to be confused by the song of same name by Ne Yo)
Gambling Man by Overtones
Call Out In The Dark by Snow Patrol
Raise Your Weapon by DeadMau5 (That's Dead Mouse to all you non number reading English speakers)

No comments:

Post a Comment