Monday, March 28, 2011

Changes in Attitude....

I haven't blogged much mostly becuase all I have felt like doing is whining. My foot hurts. My back hurts. My knee hurts. I got an MRI and have to pay $750 for it. Once able to run 13 miles, I now suffer through 6. I followed the greatest bike ride I can remember with the realization that my back was injured and I couldn't get off my bike. It's been one of those months.

Yesterday Cindy, my running partner needed me to fill in as the swimmer on her triathlon relay team. I enjoy swimming though am not great so said yes. Race day came along with 33 degree temperatures and I immediately regretted it. I didn't want to go, didn't want to swim, REALLY wanted to stay at home in bed. I felt ill prepared, nervous about the race and if I could do it. Of course it went well.

It was really cold. For those of you who have never seen a triathlon, you swim and then run to the transition area. For me that meant running outside (remember the 33 degrees?) in a wet bathing suit to watch Cindy get on her bike and go. That is the coldest I can remember being with major body parts a shade of blue that was not normal or healthy looking. Cindy had a great ride and Dawn, the runner had a fantastic run. We were happy we did it, cold and we left as soon as were finished, not even sticking around for the awards.

THAT, ended up being a mistake. WE CAME IN SECOND PLACE! I was floored! AND we were less than :40 seconds from first! It was such a great feeling I wanted to run aroudn and tell everyone!

So here's the thing...I know that with training I can do anything. I also know that I am ALWAYS glad after the workout/race/run. I just need to suck it up, continue to crawl out of the bed just as some people are crawling in, and show my body the proper respect by growing stronger and faster. Triathlon season has begun and I have one more relay and then the International Nations Tri in DC. So from now on, no more skipping workouts. I have checked myself before I wrecked myself and I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment