Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - This year is brought to you by the word BALANCE

2014:  A new year:  The year I turn 40: The year where I strive for balance in life.  Balance....that is what I need most right now.

Balance with eating - It is SOOOO easy to eat mac and cheese or pizza for dinner.  It is easy, meat free and relatively cheap.  I need to add in healthier meals that are easy to make.  I just bought a Quick Fix Vegetarian Cook Book.  Everyone says how healthy a vegetarian diet is....I need to get it that way.

Balance with fitness - I am in a work out funk and by far this is the longest I have gone without doing ANYTHING active. I am starting to take ice skating lessons and thanks for my friend Kelly am going to start  riding again. While my weight hasn't changed in the last 6 months, my body has and I am not pleased with it. It has been easy to stay in bed, or sit on the couch, or drink beer and eat pizza.  So I need to figure out how to still do those things while getting in some regular exercise.  I want to turn 40 and feel proud of my fitness level and body. That means getting up off the couch!

Balance with my time - it really seems that I go to work, come home, go to bed and do it all again in the morning. I have regularly scheduled days with Miller but besides that, I have basically all the time I need to do whatever I want. I need to figure out how to work, exercise, spend time with friends, and still do laundry and clean my house. There's gotta be a way to get it all in.

Balance - literally. I went ice skating before the holidays and had a really good time. I decided I'd like to be good at it so asked for lessons and skates for Christmas.  My eight weeks start this Saturday and I am equal parts nervous and excited.

So that's it really.  I am going to do 24 Hours of Booty again this year and am even the team captain. I might do a 5K with Miller but that is all.  I am going to celebrate my 40th birthday. I am going to enjoy my life, enjoy exactly where I am right now in this moment.

I wish you a happy 2014.  I hope that you too can balance all the many pressures we have facing us each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment