Monday, June 3, 2013

May Music

It's June.  How did that happen?   Here are my favorites from May.

Without a doubt...my favorite song in a long time: Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke with TI and Pharrell.  Great beat, funny lyrics and I think Pharrell Williams looks adorable in the video.  I can listen to this over and over again.  LOVE. 
Hurricane by MSMR - new duo from NY...haunting, pretty, odd.
I Love You by Said The Whale - Listen and tap your feet.  It's pretty perfect and I love it.
Aviation High by Semi Precious Weapons - I seem to be going back and forth between poppy and ethereal pop and this is the latter...if it fits anywhere. Is Happy Haunting a thing?   We're alive alive and apparently so are parachute pants.
It Never Stops by Bad Books - OK so this is one of those "technically published in 2012" songs, but I like it anyway.  I'm a fan of Bad Books, even though I am not a huge fan of Manchester Orchestra.
You and I by Crystal Fighters- back to poppy - take a listen to this summer song and feel happy.
Instant Crush by Daft Punk/Julian Casablancas - OK Daft Punk is one of those bands that has done so many random things over the last few years you probably either love them or hate them.  Generally I really like them so was pretty excited about their latest release.  So they get two inclusions this month...this slightly annoying and yet hooky Instant Crush and then....
Get Lucky featuring Pharrell Williams - OK so I may have a wee crush on Pharrell.  He's a cutie.  This song is awesome.
Diamonds by The Boxer Rebellion - I have a book next to my computer and when I hear a song I like I write it down. If I look and I have already written it down, I star it to note that I really like it.  This one has a ton of stars.  Really like it. The band has been around since 2001and their stuff has been in a ton of commercials and tv shows.

Have you watched Blurred Lines yet?  Bought it?  It's so great!!







No comments:

Post a Comment