Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Kissing Season

I was a late adopter to Twitter(though not as late as some), but now I love it and am very thankful for the positive things it has brought into my life. In 2010 I gave up soda thanks to @nofizzclt. Recently I took on another very simple challenge from @kiss10clt.

While not going into many details, Joe and I are pretty affectionate as a couple. We hug and touch and still sleep in "spoon" position all night long. BUT, with the exception of a quick peck, we don't kiss that often. So I jumped at the challenge to commit to kiss each other for 10 seconds a day, every day for a year.

Not going to lie; the first couple of days we needed to remind each other. Now we are in the habit and more than that, I look forward to it. We've been together 18 years and like all long term couples have fallen in a routine of life. But now, every night we have a nice little 10 second reminder of those kids we used to be; the ones that skipped class and ignored life just so we could wrap up in each other's company for just an hour or two longer. And that makes me very happy.

So if you are in a relationship, think about committing to kiss every night for 10 seconds. I think you will really enjoy the positive effects it has.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you have taken this on! A 10 second kiss really does have the power to increase connection, enhance bonding, and improve marriages. I wonder who will step up to the challenge next?

    ReplyDelete