Friday, October 4, 2013

September Music

Still loving the way music is trending these days! 

The Wire by Haim - a fun poppy song.
Get Me Golden by Terraplane Sun
Sirens by Pearl Jam - OK there is a backstory here. I have recently listened to A LOT of Pearl Jam and while some is good and some I don't really like, I have been following the countdown to their new stuff.  Say what you will about them, but the longevity is impressive. The first track from their latest album "Lightening Bolt" is good, but distinctly punky. I had listened this, their second released song the day it came out and thought I really liked it.  Fast forward a few weeks and I was listening to the radio, not really paying attention and all of a sudden I heard the music playing and thought "Wow this is pretty..wonder who this is."  It was Pearl Jam.  I was just as shocked as you.
Loud Like Love by Placebo
Bad Blood by Bastille - you may remember Bastille from last month. I like them.  A lot. I would be very surprised if a Bastille song wasn't on my Amy's Audibles for 2013.
High Road by the Cults - Speaking of Amy's Audibles, Cults has been featured for their song "Go Outside".  I really like them for their etherealness that is sweet and haunting at the same time.
Why Do You Only Call Me When I'm High - Artic Monkeys - love the tempo of the refrain
Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus - I know.  I know.  But crazy stunts aside, I like her music.  And the lyrics are good. (I put you high up in the sky - And now, you're not coming down - It slowly turned, you let me burn-And now, we're ashes on the ground  I know.  I feel ashamed listing it.  But there ya go.
Changing of the Seasons by Two Door Cinema Club - LOVE the Lyrics.  LOVE. 








No comments:

Post a Comment