Friday, May 18, 2012

I'm Planning on Not Planning

I am a HUGE planner.  I love planning trips, researching, coming up with options and then making a decision.  Then I worry that I made the right decision and do some more research on the place I chose to make myself feel better about the choice.  That is why what happened today is so amazing and fun.

My travel buddy Shelia was given two free airfare vouchers but they had to be redeemed today.  We did a quick look at the map, found that the airline flew to Jamaica and 15 minutes later booked a trip to Montego Bay!

I was so nervous hitting the confirm button. I don't do this.  I think, I research, I plan.  And yet here I was, just doing. It was scary but also a bit awesome.  We needed to find a hotel but instead of doing a ton of research like always, I narrowed it down to all the 4 star all inclusive resorts, wrote them on slips of paper and put them in the "Sombrero of Fun" and let a co worker pull one out.  I figured the universe picked Jamaica, we will let it pick the hotel too!

I have a lot of trips planned this year, but in a way I am most excited to see how this one turns out.  Like Shelia said, it will be an adventure, and really, isn't that what traveling is all about?  We will make the best of it and no matter what, I know we will have a great time, laugh and talk and enjoy ourselves. That, I can plan on.

1 comment: