Monday, February 21, 2011

Movie Review: Unknown

Unknown- Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger, January Jones - *
Liam Neeson and his wife, played by January Jones travel to Germany for a conference. Neeson is a famed scientist and is one of the major speakers. He inadvertently leaves his briefcase containing his passport at the airport and leaves his wife to check into the hotel while he goes back. His cab is in a wreck and when he wakes up from a coma, he finds that someone else has assumed his identity and his wife says she doesn't know him. Drama and action ensue.

I wish I could write more eloquently about this movie, but I just didn't care. I didn't care about him, I thought the story was absurd and there were so many holes in the story that detracted from it. (He crashes in a river and is found with no id, no wallet, no clothing. Yet somehow, he has money...lots of it. Who doesn't keep an eye out for their briefcase with money and their passport??? There are tons more examples.) I was SHOCKED at how packed the theater was and as we were walking out, there was a line waiting to get in and the next showing wasn't for another 30 minutes! I really wanted to yell..."Save your money...turn around...this movie is HORRIBLE."

Really, your life will be better if you never know Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment